Bonjour

Welcome to Bonjour Natural, my personal blog where I will be documenting my transition from relaxed hair to natural! Am I French? I wish. ...

Welcome to Bonjour Natural, my personal blog where I will be documenting my transition from relaxed hair to natural! Am I French? I wish.

I've been relaxing my hair for six years and I've finally had enough of the thin, lifeless, forever breaking hair that never grows past shoulder length. I've been wearing my hair in a chin length bob for 14 months and have decided to try and grow it out and go natural!

My last relaxer was 22nd Jan 2014 so it's been almost 18 weeks.

Six months ago I would have never considered going natural. However, I knew that if I wanted the long, thicker hair that I've always dreamed of, my hair was far too fragile in its relaxed state to achieve this.

My last haircut was 11 weeks ago:



Below is where I am today. I think I see progress when comparing the two sets of pictures which is encouraging. Hopefully I'll continue to see this progress - specifically with thickness as my natural hair comes in


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Your hair is definitely longer in the second pic. And that was about 4 months, right? That's great. =D Looking forward to following your progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ashana, thanks for commenting :) Yeh, funny I don't notice my hair growing until I look back at these pics. Appreciate the support x

      Delete