60 day bunning challenge: RESULTS

Hey all! I'm a week overdue with this post, but please forgive me as I've had no laptop for a while. But I'm back now and...

Hey all! I'm a week overdue with this post, but please forgive me as I've had no laptop for a while. But I'm back now and I've successfully completed my 60 day bunning challenge!

For those that don't know, I bunned my hair every day from 1 Jan to 29 Feb, allowing myself two heat passes (which I gladly used) along the way. The aim of the challenge was to help my hair retain length, but I noticed lots of other pleasantly surprising benefits along the way!

So without further ado, the results of my challenge:

Before & after
Considering my hair grows half an inch per month, it looks like I've retained all of my growth! 

But aside from length retention, what else did I notice?

Thicker hair. 
I absolutely loved feeling my bun get thicker throughout the challenge. Plus, I enjoyed seeing my thick new growth form little waves. 

Moisturised hair. 
My hair stayed moisturised all day. In fact, my hair got so moisturised that I even experienced my first moisture overload on this challenge! 

Convenience. 
Being able to get my hair wet and not have to worry felt amazing! I didn't mind going out in the rain, and I fully enjoyed being able to co-wash, air dry and bun. Plus, bunning shaved way more time off my morning routine. So liberating.

Less breakage. 
I suffered no breakage from dryness like I used to. I feel like my hair is more elastic and pliable now.

My last thoughts. 
It was a long two months, I can't lie. Towards the end I did get pretty fed up with wearing buns and it took me a little while in the beginning to adjust to wearing a new style. 

Now that the challenge is over I feel like I don't know how else to wear my hair! In fact, I've found I no longer enjoy wearing my hair straight anymore - simply because I prefer the more textured look. I've found myself resort to bunning simply for its convenience. This is definitely my go-to style for when everything else fails.

A big THANK YOU to those who joined and supported me!

Did anyone else manage to stick to the challenge? 

What were your results?

Follow my blog with Bloglovin'

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I don't think I have ever experienced moisture overload before. I want to know what it feels like. I love the progress you made. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Nerline, thanks for commenting! The moisture overload felt a bit like wet tissue paper lol. Overly soft and mushy.

      Delete
  2. Well done on the retention of length, what are you planning now onwards?

    https://lauralivll.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lebogang. I've recently bought some curlformers so I've been experimenting with those. I want to enjoy my hair a little (still without heat).

      Delete