My Thoughts at 7 Months Post

Many reach a point on their hair journey when they get bored and fed up of their transition. For me, that point is at 7 months post. I...



Many reach a point on their hair journey when they get bored and fed up of their transition. For me, that point is at 7 months post.

I've started slacking on the way I handle my hair. I've been blowdrying and straightening and am experiencing the harsh effects of too much heat. I believe I've experienced more breakage around the middle of my head, and have some heat damage to the relaxed ends.

As my hair was already clean, I did a deep condition on dry hair with Kamechon conditioner (I didn't shampoo it afterwards). When I rinsed it out, my hair felt much more moisturised and soft. I chose my 'assisted air dry method' which is blow drying on cool, and applied my leave-in and shea butter before tying my hair into four small ponytails.

So far, my hair still feels moisturised and soft, which is great. I will definitely be going back to air drying or at least blow drying on cool.

My thoughts right now:

  • I don't really care about my relaxed ends anymore because I know they'll be getting cut off
  • I think I was a bit ambitious with my goal of 100% natural by Jan 2015. It's probably more like May 2015 - but I'll address that when it comes
  • I feel like my hair is too short and would like to grow it out a bit longer while I transition 
  • I've realised my hair grows at different rates in different parts of my head. 
7 months post relaxer 

You Might Also Like

0 comments