My 5 Step Plan for Adding & Retaining Moisture

As my hair is in need of some hydration, I'm getting serious and devising a plan to inject some much needed moisture back into my hair. ...

As my hair is in need of some hydration, I'm getting serious and devising a plan to inject some much needed moisture back into my hair.

1. Use porosity control conditioner every week. This conditioner aims to equalise the hair's porosity. I believe my hair is porous, meaning moisture escapes from the hair strand as quickly as it enters, resulting in constantly dry hair (and I use too much heat). This conditioner helps the hair to hold on to the moisture that has been put into it.

2. Focus on moisture deep conditioning. While it's important I use protein due to my use of heat tools, right now my hair is moisture deprived. Thus, I will be doing moisturising deep conditioning treatments for the foreseeable future.

3. Blow drying on cool. I did a post about this here, but in short, the cool shot helps to close cuticles and keep moisture in. It also avoids unnecessary heat

4. When flat ironing, use a silicon based heat protectant serum as opposed to a water based one. I find the water based protectants don't protect as well, and leave hair feeling dry and crispy afterwards.

5. Use castor oil to seal. For me, castor oil is the best oil by far for sealing in moisture and helping my dry scalp. I still use Olive Oil Moisturiser Lotion as my moisturiser.

You Might Also Like

0 comments