My Thoughts at 5 Months Post

So I'm officially 5 months since my last relaxer. Even before I had decided to transition, I had never gone this long so I'...


So I'm officially 5 months since my last relaxer. Even before I had decided to transition, I had never gone this long so I'm quite proud of myself. It's a whole new experience for me, and exciting too seeing my natural hair come in. Since my mum was the one who looked after my hair when it was natural, I've never really got to 'know' it, and so I believe transitioning instead of 'big chopping' is better for me as it's a slower process.

My thoughts so far:
  • My new growth feels much rougher and drier compared to the rest of my hair. Partly, I think it's because I'm simply used to my relaxed hair, and partly I think I haven't got my moisture levels up yet (probably doesn't help that I straighten my hair often).
  • The back of my head is fully natural now as that's where the shortest layers are. I'm using this area as a testing place for products and techniques. 
  • I've noticed that my beloved Main n Tail Deep Moisturizing Conditioner no longer leaves my hair feeling like feathers, and now leaves it feeling hard and tangled.
  • I'm thinking I should start washing my hair in big twists or sections now to avoid tangles.

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. I really like your blog it's very informative keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci beaucoup Otegz, thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. Great post! I agree with Otegz, loving how details your posts are. How successful has testing products at the back of your head been?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashana :) I used this area to test products when my hair was wet mostly - conditioners acted differently on this part compared to the rest because it was natural. It was useful in that sense but because I straightened my hair so much I didn't get to understand my natural hair fully. Hence why I'm transitioning all over again :(

      Delete