6 blogs, vlogs and books you need to know about

Am I the only one that could spend all day browsing the web for hair care tips and motivational videos, inspirational progress pictures an...



Am I the only one that could spend all day browsing the web for hair care tips and motivational videos, inspirational progress pictures and product reviews? There's such a massive community online with thousands of women willing to help each other achieve the hair they've always wanted.

My interest in hair has only strengthened over the last years and I wanted to share some of the wonderful books, blogs and videos that have enriched my knowledge and kept me inspired for all this time.

1. Book: The Science of Black Hair by Audrey Davis-Sivasothy
This was the first and only book I ever bought on hair care. It has absolutely everything in it, from moisture/protein balance to sample regimes, correct techniques and even children's hair. This is a perfect book for those just starting out as it covers all the basics and then some.

2. Video: My Hair Growth Journey by HealthyAfroHair 
Watch Julie's inspirational photo journey as she grows from damaged neck-length hair to healthy mid-back length. She also shares hair techniques and advice on her channel. This is my 'go-to' video for when I need a dose of motivation!

3. Website: Blackhairinformation.com
You might want to put aside a couple of hours for to peruse this site. It contains tons of info for both natural and relaxed ladies, including ingredients info, hair stories and hair trends.

4. Blog: Just Grow Already! 
Documenting her journey to waist-length relaxed hair, blogger Jen has now transitioned to natural. A personal website, she blogs about her washday routines, favourite products and style experiments. Collaborating with lots of other bloggers and hair enthusiasts, Just Grow Already! is a great source of information.

5. Forum: Hairlista
This fantastic forum has thousands of supportive members who love to talk about... hair! It's a lot like a social networking site as you can add friends (add me!), write your own blog posts, share pictures, and join groups and challenges. The forums are great for asking questions and getting very helpful answers.

6. Blog: The Natural Haven
Written by an actual scientist, The Natural Haven puts a different spin on hair care. Debating topics such as whether castor oil actually makes hair thicker, this fascinating blogger publishes her own lab experiments on hair, helping to answer the popular questions and de-bunk the common myths.

There are so many more links I could share with you, but I thought I'd start with a few first.

What are your favourite blogs, Youtube channels, books or websites?

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I also follow Just Grow Already and Blackhairinformation.com. I also like savingourstrands.com and follow Mahogany Curls on Youtube. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Leah, yeah I'm a fan of those blogs too. So many to mention! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete