Blowdrying BAN & Adding Moisture

In my previous post, I mentioned I've been really bad with my use of heat. I had become lazy with my wash days and started blow dry...


In my previous post, I mentioned I've been really bad with my use of heat. I had become lazy with my wash days and started blow drying before I straightened. That's a double dose of heat sure to frazzle my hair. I then had the cheek to wonder why my hair was so dull looking,  breaking, and why my ends were frizzy and scalp was dry.

I know for me that blowdrying quickly depletes every drop of moisture that I'd just tried to replenish through deep conditioning. Not even my leave-ins and heat protectants made a difference.

I previously talked about blow drying on cool instead. The cool air is a good way to close cuticles, encouraging smooth and shiny hair, but it also helps to get my hair straighter. While it's manipulation, it's not damaging in terms of heat. I love the way it makes my hair feel and will using this method from now on. It's been two days since I deep conditioned and dried my hair on the cool setting. My hair is still moisturised, soft, sleek and shiny.

I have officially banned myself from heat-drying my hair!

Since my hair has taken a beating recently, I'm going to focus on replenishing its moisture levels. I recently revisited castor oil as a sealant and have realised that contrary to my previous thoughts,  I actually really like it! I guess I was just using way too much oil before which resulted in stringy hair. I used a tiny drop and that was sufficient in making my hair feel great.

Au revior!

You Might Also Like

0 comments