My top products for 2015

The end of the year is nigh and I've already set my hair goals for 2016. But now is also a good time to start evaluating my product...

Organic Root Stimulator Replenishing Conditioner


The end of the year is nigh and I've already set my hair goals for 2016. But now is also a good time to start evaluating my product regime and decide which ones I'll be banishing and which I'll be bringing into next year.


While I love to try new products, I still tend to return to my good ol' faves. For anyone else on a hair journey, I'd really encourage you to document which products are working for you. If for some reason you stray away, you'll always have a note of what your hair liked.

Please note that all products listed below have been purchased on my own accord and all opinions are my own. 

So here goes - my favourite products of the year...

Pre-shampoo treatment

Phillip Kingsley Elasticizer - I've been using this treatment for the last few months and I have to say it's one of the best products I've ever used. It's an intense moisturising treatment that actually works. After every application, my hair hair is so soft and silky with increased elasticity that's noticeable. This one's definitely an investment but it's worth it.

Shampoo

Creme of Nature Argan Oil Shampoo - A gentle sulfate-free shampoo. My hair bows down in submission at first contact; the shampoo instantly detangles and softens my strands.

Conditioner

Organic Root Stimulator Replenishing Conditioner - I buy the professional (one litre) bottle which has slightly different ingredients to the smaller version. This is a perfect conditioner for me as it's moisture and protein balanced. I've spent so much money on 'luxury' conditioners with disappointing results, but this inexpensive product wins every time.


Daily moisturiser and leave-in conditioner  

African Pride Olive Oil Moisturizer Lotion - I've been using this product every day since July 2014. The light, non-greasy formula can be used as a daily moisturiser or as a leave-in conditioner. Especially good for straightened hair, it's inexpensive and smells great!

Oil

I've never really settled on a favourite oil. I flirted with castor oil for a while but it made my scalp itch too much. Whether I use them for sealing or mixing into my deep conditioner, I generally alternate between coconut, jojoba and olive oil.


Heat protectant

Fantasia Ic Hair Polisher Heat Protector Straightening Spray - A lightweight spray with a nozzle that produces a fine mist for even distribution. Serums easily weigh down my fine hair, so this spray is the perfect option for me. It leaves my hair shiny, silky and smooth, plus it smells so good.

Supplement

Biotin - Although a recent addition to my regime, biotin has given me wonderful results. I took it consistently for about six weeks and noticed a big growth spurt and increased thickness - even my hairdresser noticed. After becoming lazy, I'm now back on the biotin and plan to continue the supplements into next year.

Tool

Look Great Heat Wrap - I know I go on and on about this, but my microwavable heat cap is a wonderful way to deep condition with heat and not be limited by a power socket. The turban-style towel wrap has gel packs inside that heat up to provide warmth for up to 30 minutes.

So here you have it - a list of my trusted products. 


What are your absolute faves? 

Are there any products you've been wanting to try? 

You Might Also Like

0 comments