Matted New Growth!

The last few times I've washed my hair, whether I air dry or blow dry, my roots become matted, and my hair is dry and extremely tan...




The last few times I've washed my hair, whether I air dry or blow dry, my roots become matted, and my hair is dry and extremely tangled. With a matted mini afro underneath and straight hair on top, I end up looking like a troll doll. I know this is partly because I'm transitioning and the relaxed hair tangles up with the natural hair, but it's causing a lot of breakage and frustration.

After some thinking, I believe my roots get matted and hard to comb simply because they're dry! I am still 'learning' my hair and guess my natural hair needs more moisture than the relaxed hair. This brings me on to my next point:

My leave in conditioners no longer seem to leave my hair soft and moisturised. I've always been using Creme of Nature Argan Oil Strength & Shine Leave-in. It's a liquid conditioner, and I suspect my transitioning hair needs something a bit thicker.

In response to these problems, I'm going to make the following changes:

  • For tangles when washing: no longer wash my hair with my head leaning over the bath; this causes tangles. Instead, always wash hair in the shower with my head tilted back so that my hair lies in its natural direction
I will be implementing these changes on my next wash day.

In the mean time, what in your opinion is the most moisturising leave-in conditioner? 

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. The hair journey keeps getting more interesting. I hope the new conditioner works well everyone hates tangled hair. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Otegz, you can see how the conditioner worked here: http://bonjournatural.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/transitioning-hair-troubles.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL at the picture XD Those dolls always freaked me out.

    Some of these tips are familiar to me - I think my Mum implemented a few of them a while back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yeh the dolls are pretty creepy. This time around I am super on top of keeping my roots moisturised so I haven't had problems with matting.

      Delete