Moisturising Flat Ironed Hair

So you know I wear my hair straight. I've experienced two problems with moisturising my hair in its flat ironed state: 1. Waking up...


So you know I wear my hair straight. I've experienced two problems with moisturising my hair in its flat ironed state:

1. Waking up the next day with it having reverted! Whether I use a watery moisturiser or a creme based one, my roots never keep straight or frizz free.

2. My hair feels moisturised but is weighed down and stringy

Normally, I apply my moisturiser and then seal, but today I tried a new but very simple technique:

I rubbed my moisturiser and oil together in my hands first - then applied to my hair.

I used enough oil that the conditioner appeared transparent on my hands. As my moisturiser, I used TRESemmé Moisture Rich Conditioner with a drop of olive oil for each section of hair. Using a rinse-out conditioner as a leave-in or moisturiser is a technique that many use, and it works great for me. Just be sure not to use too much too often as you'll be at risk of product build up.

You may have to play around with ratios of moisturiser to oil to get the best outcome. Too much oil could leave your hair greasy and the overzealous use of moisturiser could cause reversion. It's also better to use a creme based moisturiser over a liquid based one as they're not as watery.

It's a simple tweak but my hair feels moisturised and bouncy, and there is no sign of reversion. Just remember that a little can go a long way - you don't want your hair to feel wet after you do this.

Try this and see if it works for you.

Do you have any tips on moisturising flat ironed hair? Let me know!

Next day update: My roots are still straight, and my hair is shiny and soft. So happy!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Interesting post! Sometimes you do have to play around to get the best outcome. =O

    ReplyDelete