Transitioning Troubles

This post is an update to my  previous post  in which I vented my frustration with experiencing tangled and dry hair after washing it. I had...

This post is an update to my previous post in which I vented my frustration with experiencing tangled and dry hair after washing it. I had concluded that I would:

1. Wash my hair in the shower as opposed to leaning over the bath to avoid tangles


Update: Today I washed and conditioned my hair in the shower and tried not to manipulate my hair while doing so. I don't feel like I got any less tangles this way but I guess it's good practice for later. I concluded that the tangles are not caused by the position in which I place my head, but rather it's because of my two textures. As the water hit my hair, my new growth shrunk and instantly became tangled with the relaxed hair. It's weird as two weeks ago I never had this problem; I feel like it's suddenly occurred. I guess as time goes on it will get even more difficult. The solution would be to have my hair braided for the entire wash process until I can cut all these relaxed ends off!

2. Use a heavier leave-in (TRESemmé Moisture Rich Conditioner) to combat my dry hair
Update: After a long and impatient detangling session, I applied my TRESemmé Moisture Rich Conditioner mixed with a heat protectant serum instead of an oil (as I will be straightening). I then plaited my hair in six sections and air dried, and this allowed it to stay knot-free. In terms of the moisture, my hair feels soft and moisturised. Result! 

What can I take away from today?
  • Braid hair for the entire wash process to avoid tangles
  • Hair now needs a heavier leave-in conditioner to stay moisturised 
(UPDATE: I've since found a new moisturiser, something I believe to be my new staple: African Pride Olive Miracle Moisturiser)

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Awwwww that's good you have found the solution to the tangled hair problems. Keep up the good work Aisha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, we'll see how the changes work for my hair - but hopefully I have found the solution! Thanks Otegz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, Aicha!! Glad you found something that worked.

    ReplyDelete